Keresforth Primary School Sport Premium 2015-16
Our Vision for Keresforth Primary School
At Keresforth Primary School we strive for all our pupils to leave us with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Keresforth Primary School Sport Premium Objective
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of our PE and sport at Keresforth Primary School In achieving our vision we work in partnership with Team Activ, a company that inspires active lives.
Funding for schools will be calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January 2015. All schools with 17 or more primary aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil. Smaller schools will receive £500 per pupil.
Total no of primary aged pupils between the ages of 5-11( Jan 2015) 182 Total amount of Sport Premium Grant received £8910
What does the Sport Premium mean for my School?
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013). At Keresforth Primary School we have split up the funding by the three key areas for consideration; Physical Education, Healthy Active Lifestyles and Competitive Sport.
Raising standards of all our pupils in Physical education
- To increase teaching staffs’ subject knowledge and confidence in PE
- Staff delivering high quality PE lessons
- All of staff to observe and complete a course of PE delivery by a professional
- Staff to deliver a full range of sports through the curriculum
- Staff meeting cpd focus (fundamentals)
One to One Teacher Support at Keresforth Primary School
Year 5-6 Hockey
- 7 weeks of hockey delivered by a Team Activ Specialist teacher.
Year 1-2 Ball Skills & Games
- 7 weeks of ball skills and games delivered by a Team Activ Specialist teacher.
Year 3-4 Dance
Year 1/2 & 5/6 Gymnastics
Year 5/6 Tennis
- Year 1 and 2 enjoying a morning of archery.
Healthy Active Lifestyles
Ensuring all our pupils have access to regular exercise
- To increase activity levels at breaks and lunchtimes.
- To increase awareness of a healthy active lifestyle
- Lunchtime supervisors to encourage active games
- Playtime equipment to be reviewed and replaced to encourage a range of activities
- Enrol playground leaders to support
- Develop termly school sports events
Year 2-4 Tennis & Small Ball Skills
Year 4-6 Tag Rugby
- After school hockey club for Year 3 and 4.
Key Stage 2 Dance Club
- Available to children for a full term, ran by a qualified coach.
- For years 3-6 children, the club runs once a week and children work towards British Gymnastic Awards
- Children in key stage 2 working alongside a qualified coach and will take part in local competitions.
Competitive School Sport
Increasing pupils’ participation in extra- curricular sport
- To increase the amount of competitive sport opportunities for pupils by subscribing to Team Activ.
- Pay for transport to and from Team Activ events.
- Take part in Team Activ events and increase our teams’ success at these events. More children take part in sporting events
- All children are able to participate.
Competitive Sport at Keresforth Primary School
At Keresforth Primary School our Year 3 pupils go swimming once a week. They are working towards The ASA School Swimming Award.
School Swimming – Learn To Swim Safety Guide