Keresforth Primary School Sport Premium 2016-17
Our Vision for Keresforth Primary School
At Keresforth Primary School we strive for all our pupils to leave us with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Keresforth Primary School Sport Premium Objective
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of our PE and sport at Keresforth Primary School In achieving our vision we work in partnership with Team Activ, a company that inspires active lives.
Funding for schools will be calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January 2015. All schools with 17 or more primary aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil. Smaller schools will receive £500 per pupil.
Total no of primary aged pupils between the ages of 5-11( Jan 2015) 178 Total amount of Sport Premium Grant received £8890
What does the Sport Premium mean for my School?
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013). At Keresforth Primary School we have split up the funding by the three key areas for consideration; Physical Education, Healthy Active Lifestyles and Competitive Sport.
Total Funding Allocated 2016-17 = £8,890
PESS Outcome Actions to Achieve Planned Funding Actual Funding Evidence & Actual Impact Increased Participation in Competitive Sport 1) Entry to Team Activ Competition Programme for Academic Year 1) £2,136 1) £2,136 TBA Increased Confidence, Knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE & Sport 1) Weekly One to One Teacher Support provided by Team Activ for Academic Year 1) £3,960 1) £3,960 TBA Engagement of all Pupils in Regular Physical Activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles 1) Weekly School Activity Clubs provided by Team Activ engaging different pupils throughout the year
2) Extra Curricular Activities
1) £1,260 TBA To be Updated TOTAL £ 7,356
Photo Gallerykeresforth-y5%2f6-shkeresforth-y5%2f6-sh-1y1%2f2neth-keresy1%2f2neth-keres-1y1%2f2neth-keres-2y3%2f4sportshallathletics-keresy3%2f4sportshallath-keresy3%2f4sportshallath-keres-1Y3-4relays@BC (4)Y3-4relays@BC (1)
Raising standards of all our pupils in Physical education
- To increase teaching staffs’ subject knowledge and confidence in PE
- Staff delivering high quality PE lessons
- All of staff to observe and complete a course of PE delivery by a professional
- Staff to deliver a full range of sports through the curriculum
- Staff meeting cpd focus (fundamentals)
One to One Teacher Support at Keresforth Primary School
Healthy Active Lifestyles
Ensuring all our pupils have access to regular exercise
- To increase activity levels at breaks and lunchtimes.
- To increase awareness of a healthy active lifestyle
- Lunchtime supervisors to encourage active games
- Playtime equipment to be reviewed and replaced to encourage a range of activities
- Enrol playground leaders to support
- Develop termly school sports events
Year 1-3 Ball Skills
Year 2-5 Football
Competitive School Sport
Increasing pupils’ participation in extra- curricular sport
- To increase the amount of competitive sport opportunities for pupils by subscribing to Team Activ.
- Pay for transport to and from Team Activ events.
- Take part in Team Activ events and increase our teams’ success at these events. More children take part in sporting events
- All children are able to participate.
Competitive Sport at Keresforth Primary School
Event Results 2016-17
- Year 5/6 Sportshall Athletics at Barnsley College
- Year 3/4 Sportshall Athletics at Barnsley College
- Year 1/2 Sportshall Athletics at Netherwood
School Swimming – Learn To Swim Safety Guide