Millhouse Primary School Sport Premium 2015-16
Our Vision for Millhouse Primary School
At Millhouse Primary School we strive for all our pupils to leave us with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Millhouse Primary School Sport Premium Objective
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of our PE and sport at Millhouse Primary School. In achieving our vision we work in partnership with Team Activ, a company that inspires active lives.
Funding for schools will be calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January 2015. All schools with 17 or more primary aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil. Smaller schools will receive £500 per pupil.
Total no of primary aged pupils between the ages of 5-11( Jan 2015) 135 Total amount of Sport Premium Grant received £8,750
What does the Sport Premium mean for my School?
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013). At Millhouse Primary School we have split up the funding by the three key areas for consideration; Physical Education, Healthy Active Lifestyles and Competitive Sport.
Raising standards of all our pupils in Physical education
- To increase teaching staffs’ subject knowledge and confidence in PE
- Staff delivering high quality PE lessons
- All of staff to observe and complete a course of PE delivery by a professional
- Staff to deliver a full range of sports through the curriculum
- Staff meeting cpd focus (fundamentals)
One to One Teacher Support at Millhouse Primary School
Year 2 Team Games
Year 5 Football
Year 2 Team Games
Class 5 Team Games
Whole School PE Assessment
This is a new product of Team Activ. They have assessment all the pupils and gave them a level of attainment, audited all the staff then looking to put support in where needed. Developed a new curriculum map PE and audited facilities/equipment.
The pupils are always happy and raring to go from the moment a Team Activ member of staff enters the gate at their school. They make everyone feel really welcome. They continue this in to their lessons and as a result they are making excellent progress in all PE lessons delivered by Team Activ.
Class 1 Athletics
Class 2 Athletics
Class 3 Athletics (Miss Buckley) and ball skills (Mrs Parkin)
Team have worked with worked enhancing the delivery of PE with both teachers and a half term basis. This class have had two teachers for a full term which has further progressed their development.
Class 4 Athletics (Mr Ritchie)
This class and teacher showed excellent knowledge prior to delivery and push their knowledge further during the lessons. They were a joy to teach and showed excellent running, jumping and throwing skills.
Class 5 Athletics
Healthy Active Lifestyles
Ensuring all our pupils have access to regular exercise
- To increase activity levels at breaks and lunchtimes.
- Lunchtime supervisors to encourage active games
- Playtime equipment to be reviewed and replaced to encourage a range of activities
- Enrol playground leaders to support
- To increase awareness of a healthy active lifestyle
- Develop termly school sports events
Team Activ Gymnastics
Key Stage 2 Striking and Fielding – Preparation for Team Activ Competitions
They performed really well and qualified for the next round of competitions and are now practicing ready for that competition
Competitive School Sport
Increasing pupils’ participation in extra- curricular sport
- To increase the amount of competitive sport opportunities for pupils by subscribing to Team Activ.
- Take part in Team Activ events and increase our teams’ success at these events. More children take part in sporting events.
- Pay for transport to and from Team Activ events.
- All children are able to participate.
Competitive Sport at Millhouse Primary School
At Millhouse Primary School pupils in key stage 2 access swimming once a week during the Autumn term. The school expect that every pupil will be able to swim 25 metres and encourage pupils to continue swimming. More able pupils will be advised on further swimming opportunities including competitive swimming and life guiding courses.
School Swimming – Learn To Swim Safety Guide