Silkstone Primary School Sport Premium 2015-16
Our Vision for Silkstone Primary School
At Silkstone Primary School we strive for all our pupils to leave us with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Silkstone Primary School Sport Premium Objective
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of our PE and sport at Silkstone Primary School. In achieving our vision we work in partnership with Team Activ, a company that inspires active lives.
Funding for schools will be calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January 2015. All schools with 17 or more primary aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil. Smaller schools will receive £500 per pupil.
Total no of primary aged pupils between the ages of 5-11( Jan 2015) 210 Total amount of Sport Premium Grant received £9,050
What does the Sport Premium mean for my School?
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013). At Silkstone Primary School we have split up the funding by the three key areas for consideration; Physical Education, Healthy Active Lifestyles and Competitive Sport. We have decided to spend the Sport Premium Grant on the following:
Raising standards of all our pupils in Physical education
- To increase teaching staffs’ subject knowledge and confidence in PE
- Staff delivering high quality PE lessons
- All of staff to observe and complete a course of PE delivery by a professional
- Staff to deliver a full range of sports through the curriculum
- Staff meeting cpd focus (fundamentals)
One-to-One Teacher Support at Silkstone Primary
Year 6 Gymnastics
- 7 week block of Gymnastics for Year 6 with a specialised gymnastics teacher.
Year 5 Gymnastics
- 7 week block of Gymnastics for Year 5 with a specialised gymnastics teacher.
Year 4 Gymnastics
- 6 week block of Gymnastics for Year 4 with a specialised gymnastics teacher.
Year 3 Gymnastics
- 6 week block of Gymnastics for Year 3 with a specialised gymnastics teacher.
Year 1 & 2 Gymnastics
Reception Multi Skills and Movement
Year 1 Multi Skills
Healthy Active Lifestyles
Ensuring all our pupils have access to regular exercise
- To increase activity levels at breaks and lunchtimes.
- Lunchtime supervisors to encourage active games
- Playtime equipment to be reviewed and replaced to encourage a range of activities
- Enrol playground leaders to support
- To increase awareness of a healthy active lifestyle
- Develop termly school sports events
Extra-Curricular Activities at Silkstone Primary
Key Stage 2 Cricket
Key Stage 2 Football
Year 1-2 Multi Skills
Year 5-6 Tag Rugby
Key Stage 2 Hockey
Competitive School Sport
Increasing pupils’ participation in extra- curricular sport
- To increase the amount of competitive sport opportunities for pupils by subscribing to Team Activ.
- Take part in Team Activ events and increase our teams’ success at these events. More children take part in sporting events.
- Pay for transport to and from Team Activ events.
- All children are able to participate.
Competitive Sport at Silkstone Primary
At Silkstone Primary Year 4 pupils attend swimming lessons in the spring through to summer term at Royston Leisure Centre. The pupils look forward to this each week and are all aiming to swim 25 meters. Those in Key Stage 2 who haven’t achieved to swim 25 metres get the opportunity to go again.
When they have completed their course we will be able to add all their names to our list of Key Stage 2 pupils that have previously passed the course.
School Swimming – Learn To Swim Safety Guide
Achievements from 2014-15