Summer Lane Primary School Sport Premium 2016-2017
Our Vision for Summer Lane Primary School
At Summer Lane Primary School we strive for all our pupils to leave us with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Summer Lane Primary School Sport Premium Objective
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of our PE and sport at Summer Lane Primary School. In achieving our vision we work in partnership with Team Activ, a company that inspires active lives.
Funding for schools will be calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January 2015. All schools with 17 or more primary aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil. Smaller schools will receive £500 per pupil.
Total no of primary aged pupils between the ages of 5-11 270 Total amount of Sport Premium Grant received £9,350
What does the Sport Premium mean for my School?
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013). At Summer Lane Primary School we have split up the funding by the three key areas for consideration; Physical Education, Healthy Active Lifestyles and Competitive Sport. To find more information on how we have developed each of these areas, please click on the drop down menu above.
Total Funding Allocated 2016-17 = £9,350
PESS Outcome Actions to Achieve Planned Funding Actual Funding Evidence & Actual Impact Competitive School Sport 1) Entry to Team Activ Competition Programme for Academic Year 1) £3240 1) £ TBA Physical Education 1) Specialist One to One Teacher Support provided by Team Activ for one term increasing staff skills and confidence 1) £1080 1) £ TBA Healthy Active Lifestyles 1) Weekly School Activity Clubs provided by Team Activ engaging different pupils throughout the year
2) Playground Leaders Course for Year 6 children for them to develop their skills to lead activites for a healthy playtime and lunch.
TBA TOTAL £
Summer Lane Y56 Girls Cricket (1)Summer Lane Y56 Girls CricketSummer Lane Y5_6 NetballIMG_1826summer lane Y34 relayssummer lane Y34 relays (1)summerlane Y34 relaysY5_6SHAfinals (2)Y5_6SHAfinals (3)Y5_6SHAfinalssummer-lane-y5%2f6-sportshally1_2shab-csummer-3y1_2shab-csummery1_2shab-csummer-1year1_2curriculumsupportimg_0130img_0113gymclub-4gymclub-3y3%2f4sportshallathletics-sly3%2f4sportshallathletics-sl-1y3%2f4sportshallath-slsummer-lane-y-5-6-boysyear5%2f6girlsfootfinals-5year5%2f6girlsfootfinals-6jpl-4jpl-3jpl-2jpl-1jplteamfinals-slyear-5%2f6-boys-football-3year-5%2f6-boys-football-2year-5%2f6-boys-football-1year-5%2f6-boys-footballcrosslockepark-2y1_2multiskillsb-c-2y1_2multiskillsb-cy1_2multiskillsb-c-6y3_4multiskills-2y3_4multiskills-4y3_4multiskills-1
Raising standards of all our pupils in Physical education
- To increase teaching staffs’ subject knowledge and confidence in PE
- Staff delivering high quality PE lessons
- All of staff to observe and complete a course of PE delivery by a professional
- Staff to deliver a full range of sports through the curriculum
- Staff meeting cpd focus (fundamentals)
Curriculum Support at Summer Lane Primary School
Real PE with Year 1
Children in Year 1 have had the opportunity to have a member of Team Activ in to teach their PE lessons. They have looked at different stories and practiced their fundamental movement skills. Focusing on balance, control and different ways of moving their bodies. The children have really enjoyed getting into character for each of the stories and have worked really hard to practice and develop their skills.
Real PE with Year 4/5
Over 6 weeks children have practiced their fundamental skills in throwing, catching, body control and body movement when playing throw tennis, hoopball and seated volleyball. They have learnt three new games and looked at different tactics they could use to score points against a partner or a team. All children have gained confidence over the last 6 weeks whilst learning new games and skills.
Gymnastics with Year 1
Gymnastics with Year 4/5
Year 5/6 Junior Playground Leaders Award
Year 5/6 students from Summer Lane have has some training with a group of your KS2 pupils to lead activities for younger pupils. Over the course students have looked at what makes a good leader, how to communicate clearly, how to organise themselves and equipment so they are ready to lead, how to promote inclusion when leading and understanding the importance of fair play.
After they have completed the training pupils will receive an accredited award and will be able to lead activities for younger pupils in the playground at lunchtimes.
Healthy Active Lifestyles
Ensuring all our pupils have access to regular exercise
- To increase activity levels at breaks and lunchtimes.
- Lunchtime supervisors to encourage active games
- Playtime equipment to be reviewed and replaced to encourage a range of activities
- Enrol playground leaders to support
- To increase awareness of a healthy active lifestyle
- Develop termly school sports events
Healthy Active Lifestyles at Summer Lane Primary School
Competitive School Sport
Increasing pupils’ participation in extra- curricular sport
- To increase the amount of competitive sport opportunities for pupils by subscribing to Team Activ.
- Take part in Team Activ events and increase our teams’ success at these events. More children take part in sporting events.
- Pay for transport to and from Team Activ events.
- All children are able to participate.
Competitive Sport at Summer Lane Primary School
- Year 5/6 Tag Rugby at Barnsley College
- Year 5/6 Benchball at Carlton Community College
- Year 3/4 Team Relays at Barnsley College
- Year 5/6 Sportshall Athletics Barnsley Finals at Barnsley College – 5th Position
- Year 3/4 Sportshall Athletics at Barnsley College
- Year 1/2 Sportshall Athletics at Barnsley College
- Year 5/6 Sportshall Athletics at Barnsley College – 2nd Place (qualified for Barnsley Finals)
- Year 5/6 Boys Football Finals at Netherwood
- Year 5/6 Girls Football Finals at Barnsley College
- Year 5/6 Boys Football at Horizon CC (Qualified for finals day)
- Year 5/6 Girls Football at Horizon CC (Qualified for finals day)
Well done to all children who took part n the individual finals.
- Year 5 Boys – Toby Elliott (5th Position)
- Year 5/6 Girls – 7th Position
Team and Individual Positions
- Year 4 Girls – 6th Position (S.Walton 10th)
- Year 4 Boys – 6th Position
- Year 5 Girls – 4th Position
- Year 5 Boys – 3rd Position (J.Lackie 5th, G.Ellis 6th)
- Year 6 Girls – WINNERS – 1st Position (C.Osbourne 3th, M.Layton 5th)
- Year 6 Boys – WINNERS – 1st Position (O.Pickles 2nd, T.Elliott 3rd, T.Crestwell 7th)
- Year 3/4 Multi Skills at Barnsley College – 3rd Position
- Year 1/2 Multi Skills at Barnsley College – Well Done to all the 5 teams from Summer Lane that took part.
At Summer Lane Primary School our Year 5 pupils attend swimming from half term to Springbank at Stocksbridge Community Leisure Centre. The pupils look forward to this each week and are all working towards swimming 25 metres or beyond.
When they have completed their course we will be able to add all their names to our list of Key Stage 2 pupils that have previously passed the course.