Thurlstone Primary School Sport Premium 2016-17
Our Vision for Thurlstone Primary School
At Thurlstone Primary School we strive for all our pupils to leave us with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Thurlstone Primary School Sport Premium Objective
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of our PE and sport at Thurlstone Primary School. In achieving our vision we work in partnership with Team Activ, a company that inspires active lives.
Funding for schools will be calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January 2016. All schools with 17 or more primary aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil. Smaller schools will receive £500 per pupil.
Total no of primary aged pupils between the ages of 5-11 150 Total amount of Sport Premium Grant received £8,750
What does the Sport Premium mean for my School?
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013). At Thurlstone Primary School we have split up the funding by the three key areas for consideration; Physical Education, Healthy Active Lifestyles and Competitive Sport. To find out how we have developed each of the areas, please click on the drop down menu above.
Total Funding Allocated 2016-17 = £8,750
PESS Outcome Actions to Achieve Planned Funding Actual Funding Evidence & Actual Impact Competitive School Sport 1) Entry to Team Activ Competition Programme for Academic Year 1) £1,900 1) TBA TBA Physical Education 1) Specialist Support from qualified Specialist to work alongside Teachers in School during PE Lessons increasing knowledge and confidence 1) £6,000 1) TBA TBA Healthy Active Lifestyles 1) A 6 week block of School Activity Clubs provided by Team Activ engaging additional pupils
2) Purchase of Equipment to be utilised in engaging less active pupils.
TBA TOTAL £8,750
Photo GallerySchool Games 2017 (2)Y56 Rounders - Thurlstonethurlstone-cheer-1thurlstone-cheerthurlstone-y5%2f6-shy3_4shapgsthurl-1y3_4shapgsthurl-2y3_4shapgsthurlthurlstone-y1%2f2-sporshallthurlstone-y1%2f2-sporshall-1thurlstone-y1%2f2-sporshall-2wakeuprunning-clubplaygonoodlegoldentimedailymile2cross-countrybikesdailymile1dailymile3y5-6-girls-football-2016-millhouse-thurlstone
Raising standards of all our pupils in Physical education
- To provide all abilities the challenge and support they need by providing a specialist P.E teacher to teach and support across the school in lessons and after school clubs.
- Key member of staff to complete Level 5 Coaching qualification and benefit from specialist teaching support from Team Activ. Children of all abilities improve their skills across a range of sports. Children taking part in competition are more successful.
- To further develop the leadership of Sport and P.E in school.
- Team Activ to work with Sport Leader to audit current provision and resources
- The further develop the assessment of P.E in school.
- Team Activ to work with class teacher to implement and carry out assessments of P.E and share with school leaders.
One-to-One Teacher Support at Thurlstone Primary
Healthy Active Lifestyles
Ensuring all our pupils have access to regular exercise
- To increase activity levels at breaks and lunchtimes.
- Lunchtime supervisors to set up and deliver new specific activities at lunch time playtime. Young Sports Leaders to plan activities.
- Healthy Heroes to work with key staff member to raise awareness of healthy food choices and lifestyles.
- Children are able to make healthy food choices and have a good understanding of what constitutes a healthy lifestyle.
Healthy Active Lifestyles at Thurlstone Primary School
Competitive School Sport
Increasing pupils’ participation in extra- curricular sport
- To increase the amount of competitive sport opportunities for pupils by subscribing to Team Activ.
- Take part in Team Activ events and increase our teams’ success at these events. More children take part in sporting events.
- Pay for transport to and from Team Activ events.
- All children are able to participate.
Competitive Sport at Thurlstone Primary School
- Year 5/6 Rounders Qualification Events at Penistone Grammar
- Took part in the Penistone Netball qualifiers came 4th and 3rd in all groups
- Took part in the qualifier at Penistone Grammar came 4th in group
- Year 1/2 Multi Skills at Penistone Grammar School – 3rd Position
- Year 3/4 Multi Skills at Penistone Grammar School
- Year 1/2 Team Relays at Penistone Grammar – 2nd and 3rd Position
- South Yorkshire School Games at English Institute of Sport Sheffield Key Stage 2 Cheerleading
- Key Stage 2 Cheerleading at Barnsley Gymnastics Club – 2nd Position (Qualified for School Games Finals)
- Year 1/2 Sportshall Athletics at Penistone Grammar School
- Year 3/4 Sportshall Athletics at Penistone Grammar School
- Year 5/6 Sportshall Athletics at Penistone Grammar School – 4th place
Key Stage 2 Individual Cross Country Finals at Cannon Hall
Well done to all the children who took part in the individual finals you were all great.
- Year 4 Girls – Isobelle Brook (10th)
Key Stage 2 Cross Country at Penistone Showground
- Year 3 – Girls Team (4th), Boys Team (7th)
- Year 4 – Girls Team (3rd), Boys Team (7th), Isobelle Brook (10th place)
- Year 5/6 Girls Football at Penistone Grammar School- 5th place
- Year 5/6 Boys Football at Penistone Grammar School
Swimming at Thurlstone Primary
School Swimming – Learn To Swim Safety Guide
The Daily Mile was implemented in October 2015. Every child in school spends between 10 and 15 minutes every day walking, jogging or running around either the school field or the playground. The children’s fitness levels have soared with many taking up running as a regular hobby outside school